So the past few days have been extremely stressful.
First off, I made plans to make a trip down to Illinois to see my best friend at school. I had made a trip down there recently but didn't stop and see her... So I decided to make a quick trip down there on my days off to see her. I missed her too much and she missed me so it seemed perfect. 2 hours of driving went by without any problems... just a little bit of Chicago-rush hour-bumper to bumper traffic. No biggie. Then I get off on the exit for I-80... Boom, flat tire. I call my friend... She calls a friend to take her to come help me put my spare on and get to Olivet in one piece. She comes with her friend, tire gets changed and we start our journey. About 10 miles or so later, the tire feels like it's driving funny and may be flat... So we stop at a gas station to air up the spare tire. I trust Caroll with the job... but too much air equals a broken spare tire :( We went through two tires in one night. We called her friend back and had him come get us from the gas station and take us back to campus.
The next day. Chapel. Class. Running and looking for tires... only to realize later that my rim was so damaged beyond repair that they couldn't put a new tire on without a rim. We were running on limited time as well, because Caroll had plans to go to Chicago and see Lion King. Luckily we find a TIRE AND A RIM FOR $40.
I guess my whole point of all this rambling is that I'm learning about God's faithfulness. He never gives us more than we can handle. And He knows what we need before we even ask. Truth is, throughout the day, I had been praying that God would keep the expenses under $50... He was faithful and everything only cost me $40 and I made it home in one piece... just in time for work... and it was homecoming. lol
No comments:
Post a Comment